Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Criminal Goes Free (Please Read!)

I am wondering this evening, "What is the best way to share Jesus with you?"

For starters, if you find this question sounding a little strange to your ears, please forgive me and humor me for a moment.

Jesus Christ is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is a real person, and is alive today. He has set me free from my addiction to sin and has given me a purpose for living.

I love Him with all my heart, and I'm overflowing with thankfulness.

Seriously, I want to share what He has done for me with as many people as will give me a chance.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

Will you give me a chance?

Some people will just invite you to a church and pawn it off on the "preacher" to tell you about Jesus. But, that's not me.

I'll tell you. I'm telling you.

Jesus is the real deal. He alone has the power to rescue you from a wasted life spent chasing after the wind.

Did you know that Jesus loves you?

No, I'm dead serious! He loves you so much that He willingly was tortured to death so that our Creator God could forgive our sin.

You see, God is Holy, meaning He is perfect; and because we have each chosen to do wrong, we have distanced ourselves from our Creator.

We could never be "good enough". The stain of sin that marks our lives cannot be removed by a sinful person.

Thus, on our own, we have no chance for restoration. His holiness and justice will not allow it.

Our sinfulness has set us on a path of eternal destruction.

However, because of His amazing love for you and me, He paid the price for our sin and offers us a full pardon. We call this grace.

And, let me just say, true grace is quite scandalous! Think about it - how do you feel about a convicted criminal being set free AND the crimes being wiped totally off his record, all because an innocent man willingly paid the price - dying in his place?

So, what do you think about Jesus now?

Will you receive His pardon, or will you reject it?

I want to personally invite you to contact me if you have been challenged by what I've written. I make myself available to answer your questions to the best of my ability. (share your comment below or shoot me an email at bj@fbctrussville.org)

Thanks for giving me a chance!

I'd be honored if you would give me another chance in the future by subscribing to my blog.

I hope you have a fulfilling day.

In Christ Alone,

B.J.

PS: Please feel free to forward this post or a link to this post to any of your friends. I'd love to share with them too!

No comments: