Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

A Dad for the Third Time


I praise you because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

-Psalm 139:14


What I've Learned Becoming a Dad for the Third Time...


  • God does miracles everyday!
  • There where six people in the room...and then...while the door was still closed...there were seven living breathing souls in the room! WOW!
  • God's works are wonderful!!
  • I have an amazing wife!
  • I have married as amazing woman!
  • Did I mention how awesome my wife is? Seriously, I am SO proud of her.
  • I've been there for the birth of my other two sons, but something was extra special about Elaine and David Andrew on Thursday.
  • I've heard it said that we should call our moms on our birthday. I have definitely seen why!
  • I have been given a huge blessing that I did not deserve.
  • I have been given a monstrous responsibility to which I embrace fully.
  • DO you realize that God used my wife and I to create and bring into the world a living breathing soul that will never cease to exist. He will live forever.
  • There is nothing I want more than to see my sons living for the glory of God.
  • That which we have prayed for has been answered, and we are so grateful.
  • There has been much rejoicing over the birth of our son. We praise God for Him!
  • I have never felt more cared for by friends and family.
  • God is so good!!
Thank you for your love and prayers for our family. I believe God has great things in store for each of His children, and I can't wait to discover it together!

Today, as an act of worship, join me in a celebration of thanksgiving. We have been asking for prayers for Elaine and David Andrew for many long months. You have prayed; we have prayed. God has heard and responded. Now, we worship with thanksgiving!!!!!!!!


I have found David...a man after my own heart;
he will do everything I want him to do.

-Acts 13:22


2 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

That is so beautiful B.J. I'm so happy for you guys! I'm still praying for you guys even though the big day is over! Because as you know, the really "tough" I mean fun stuff is about to begin. Enjoy every minute of it!

Laura Waters said...

This was awesome B.J. You are an amazing father/husband/leader...I only wish the best for all of you. Its clear that Elaine & your now 3 boys light up your life..you are truly blessed...I am so happy for all of you. There is nothing like a new born baby in the house ..how precious God's gifts are...enjoy all this precious time you have w/ all three of your boys because if you blink these moments will soon be a memory. (take it from me) Mother of 3 & my oldest is now 12 yrs old...ugh!! Much happiness in the months to come..Elaine, try & get as much rest as you can w/ BJ by your side.